- Create the rss subdirectory in your blog directory using an FTP client.
- Log on to your Blogger Pro blog, and go to Settings, then click the Formatting tab.
- Set the Show Title Field to Yes. The URL field is optional. Click Save to save the Settings.
- You will need to modify your Blogger Template to use the Title tags, since the post “Title” data is required by .rss. Click Template.
- Copy your current Template code to an empty text file, just in case.
- Look for the <Blogger> tag that marks the start of the formatting for individual blog posts. Add
somewhere in that section, before the <Blogger/> tag that marks the end of the post formatting tags. Click Save. Be prepared to experiment a bit with placement.
The next time you post you’ll notice the Post form has a new Title field. Be sure to put something in the Title field if you want a post to show in your .rss feed; without a title, the post will be left blank in the feed.
Buy me a Coffee! If you find this post or this site interesting, and would like to see more, buy me a coffee. While I may actually buy coffee, I’ll probably buy books to review.